If you are experiencing audio issues on either end of a RemoteSpark video call connection, please see our troubleshooting tips below.
|In this article:|
|PC audio output considerations|
|HoloLens audio output considerations|
How does RemoteSpark select the microphone and audio output on my device?
- RemoteSpark selects your device’s default sound input (microphone), and default sound output (speakers, headphones) when a RemoteSpark video call starts
How can I change which microphone my device selects?
- If you wish to change the microphone RemoteSpark is using, change the default sound input (microphone) through your device’s Settings (found under Settings > System > Sound)
- Because the microphone is selected when a RemoteSpark call starts, if you wish to change the microphone you will need to end the current call, and begin a new one to use a different microphone
Tip: For further information on microphone troubleshooting with Windows 10 devices, see here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4027981/windows-10-how-to-set-up-and-test-microphones
Why am I not hearing sound through my device?
PC audio output considerations:
- Do you have an external monitor, headphones, external speakers, or a conferencing system connected to your PC?
- Is the sound being output through this external device? (Check under your PC’s Settings > System > Sound)
- If you open your device’s Volume Mixer, is RemoteSpark Client shown in the list of apps shown for volume output?
Tip: if ou have changed the input and still cannot hear the other user, try ending the current RemoteSpark session and try a new call with all external devices (external speakers, headphones, monitors, conferencing systems, etc.) disconnected from your device.
HoloLens audio output considerations:
- When you toggle the volume up on the HoloLens with the volume buttons on the device (HoloLens 1 or HoloLens 2), can you hear the audio feedback? (you should hear a subtle ‘click’ sound as you turn the volume up)
- If you open another application that has sound (example: Tips on HoloLens 2, or Gestures on HoloLens 1) can you hear sound?
- If no sound is coming through your device with either of these checks, restart the HoloLens
- Is the PC user you’re connected to using a device that does not have an active microphone?
- If you are using a Trimble XR10: do you have an external sound source setup? (There is no speaker built-in to the Trimble XR10)