Past outages or service disruptions with RemoteSpark
Incident name: Windows holographic update affecting RemoteSpark calls.
Date: November 23, 2020.
The issue reported by several users is that the HoloLens 2 camera does not initialize as a RemoteSpark call starts, causing RemoteSpark to crash.
Workaround: After investigating, we determined that uninstalling and reinstalling RemoteSpark solves the issue.
Steps to achieve the workaround for affected HoloLens 2/Trimble XR10 devices:
- Confirm that you have the latest update installed.
- Open the Settings app > System > About.
- Confirm the version shown is 10.0.19041.1128.
- Note: if the update version is earlier than this, you should not be affected until the update is completed. For information on how to update your HoloLens, see here.
- Uninstall RemoteSpark.
- For steps on uninstalling applications on HoloLens, see here.
- Reinstall RemoteSpark.
- For steps on installing RemoteSpark, see here.