A handy quick start guide for product experts, or original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to get up and running with RemoteSpark.
To support your partner with implementation using Kognitiv Spark’s RemoteSpark software, please see the requirements, installation and use instruction links below.
- Accessing RemoteSpark
- Desktop & web client requirements
- Using RemoteSpark for live video calls
- Network requirements
There are two ways you can use to connect with the RemoteSpark platform in a support capacity:
- RemoteSpark desktop client (Windows 10-based application)
- RemoteSpark web client (browser-based application)
Desktop client requirements
- Windows 10 PC/tablet (version 1709, build 16299 or later)
- Access to download applications from the Microsoft Store
For further information on technical requirements of RemoteSpark, see here.
- Click Get or Install to download the application.
Using RemoteSpark for live video calls
To use RemoteSpark for remote worker support, you will need to create an account via the RemoteSpark or Microsoft authentication method. Once logged in, click Go Online to connect to the server. You or your partner will need to initiate a relationship between your users via the Invite button at the top of the screen. Once the relationship is established wait for the HoloLens user (your partner) to initiate a video call with you.
- When you receive a video call, answer the prompt, and wait for the video and audio to connect with the HoloLens user.
- When the call connects, in addition to the live communication with the HoloLens user, see this page for features you can use to share support content (live photo capture, document sharing, etc.) with your partner.
If your IT team requires information about network configuration (porting, etc.) required to use RemoteSpark, see our network firewall rules article here.
- If you have the RemoteSpark desktop client installed and want to test if your network is compatible for RemoteSpark video calls, see our network test article here.