IMPORTANT: to side load an application, the HoloLens must be in Developer Mode and the Device Portal must be turned on. The Device Portal is a web server on your HoloLens that you can connect to from a web browser on your PC. If you haven’t yet set up the HoloLens Device Portal, see here for instructions.
You’ll also need to have the HoloLens and PC connected to the same WiFi network.
- . On your HoloLens, locate the device’s IPV4 address from Settings/Wi-Fi/Advanced Options.
- On a PC that’s connected to the same WiFi network as the HoloLens, type the IP address of the HoloLens in your web Browser to bring up the Windows Device Portal.
- You should an error message “This site is not secure”, click Details (or Advanced on other browsers) and go on to the website.
- Log in when prompted.
- Click Apps under System on the navigation bar along the left side of the home page.
- Select the application from the Installed Apps dropdown menu
- Select Remove.