How to lock your connection to a specific data centre where RemoteSpark Server Services are available
|In this article:|
|Why lock to a specific data centre?|
|How to find Select Server in RemoteSpark|
|Default server list|
Why lock to a specific datacentre?
RemoteSpark allows the user to select their preferred server location from the pre-defined list of cloud (Microsoft Azure) datacentres, or for on-premise users to define their local server.
Note: by default, RemoteSpark uses Azure Traffic Manager to route the user’s connection to the RemoteSpark Server Services to the fastest available datacentre. In practice, this tends to be the data centre closest geographically, but this can vary.
How to find Select Server in RemoteSpark
To access the server settings:
- Launch RemoteSpark.
- From the login page, click the Settings button (gear icon).
- You’ll be taken to the Settings page which includes Select Server.
- Select your server preference from the dropdown list.
- Note: the list of default servers can be found below.
- For on-premise users, please contact Kognitiv Spark Support for instructions on custom server configuration.
Default server list
List of default servers configured for RemoteSpark:
- RemoteSpark Cloud: default setting which uses Azure Traffic Manager to route your connection through the fastest available Azure Datacentre where the RemoteSpark Server services are available
- UK West: UK West Azure Datacentre
- Canada Central: Canada Central Azure Datacentre
- US Central: US Central Azure Datacentre
- Local Server: the default setting for on-premise users of RemoteSpark. Can be changed and reset depending on the on-premise environment’s network configuration.